Cybercrime is a fast-growing market that offers huge profits and minimal risks. According to the report published by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), the annual damage inflicted by cybercrime to the economy is within the range of 375–575 billion USD, exceeding the GDP of many countries around the world.The advent of new tech has enabled ever more sophisticated ways to commit cybercrime. "Cybercrime is a tax on innovation and slows the pace of global innovation by reducing the rate of return to innovators and investors," Jim Lewis of CSIS said in a statement.
Among the different types of cybercrimes, the Internet scam holds a special place. While most cybercrime types employ technical methods (hacking computers, intercepting data, etc.), scamming is done through psychological and intellectual methods, namely, via the abuse of trust, when people themselves choose to transfer funds to perpetrators. Various methods for technical protection against a range of cyber threats already exist and continue to develop (for instance, anti-virus software); however, there's only one effective protection method that works against the Internet scam – always being on the lookout.
Today, every user must take extreme caution online to avoid getting in the traps set up by fraudsters in order to steal money. Phishing, spoofing, investment fraud, financial pyramids, fake online stores – it takes only one mistake or hasty action to incur irrevocable financial losses. In the cryptocurrency markets, it's got out of hand. There are still no state regulators to help things, and the show is being run by scammy ICOs, phishing sites and fraudulent exchanges.
Internet fraud is constantly adapting, acting as a virus that attacks the community and stealthily infects everything around it. As a result, everybody loses: online users lose money, top-notch projects miss investment and the industry overall loses reputation. The most important thing being destroyed is the trust that people extend to each other. That's exactly why we decided to set up the CryptoPolice platform, which will act as an anti-virus and protect the community against scam. This system will provide a feeling of safety to everybody in these markets. And it’s urgently needed right here and now.
CryptoPolice is a platform that helps bring together the community in order to fight Internet fraud. Any online user can submit an application to CryptoPolice, pointing to any suspicious fact. Then, an Officer reviews the report and delivers a verdict, which subsequently undergoes a multi-level verification process by other Officers. Factual data that have been verified and confirmed are stored in the archive, which forms the basis for the scam notification system “WatchDog”, helping protect users online. Mission of CryptoPolice – bring together community and technology in order to safeguard online users against fraud. Aim of CryptoPolice – developing products that assure effective protection of users against online fraud and scam.
EMERGENCE OF THE IDEA QUARTER 1 2017
Sharp increase of cryptocurrency popularity and mass proliferation of scam. Analysis of existing methods of protection from scam impact. Emergence of the idea of CryptoPolice.
CONCEPT ELABORATION QUARTER 2 2017
• Detailed research of scam, its types and the threats that it creates for society. Emergence of the idea of a multi-level verification algorithm, a system of rewards and a user’s role of “Officer”. • Elaboration of the concept of independent domestic economics of CryptoPolice. • WhitePaper elaboration.
DEVELOPEMENT QUARTER 3 2017
Further development of the idea for public presentation. Development of a landing page, video footage, smart contract. Elaboration of a marketing strategy and processing of advertising. Start of CryptoPolice Academy development - first part of CryptoPolice platform to educate officers.
PREPARATION FOR PROJECT RELEASE QUARTER 4 2017
• Start collaboration with partners and advisors • Launch support system: CryptoPolice support center • Test and audit smart contract • Roll out “Early Bird” System: Registration for first Officers • Develop marketing campaigns, bounty campaign and plan VICTIMS AIRDROPS • Migrate to .com domain from .io • Develop customer verification system for KYC compliance • Launch demo version of CryptoPolice Academy
PROJECT RELEASE AND PLATFORM DEVELOPMENT QUARTER 1 2018
Develop token sale functionality & deploy smart contract Draw up legal documents for token sale Project roll-out for crypto community Launch community section & bounty section of CryptoPolice platform Announce token sale & launch advertising campaign Launch bounty campaign & victims airdrop
TOKEN SALE & DISTRIBUTION QUARTER 2 2018
• Launch and perform TOKEN SALE • Launch community AIRDROP • Beta version of CryptoPolice Academy for partners and “Early bird” Officers • Develop CryptoPolice storage system, run on Ethereum • Develop multi-level verification algorithm at CryptoPolice • Develop user reward system
BETA VERSIONS OF CRYPTOPOLICE QUARTER 3 2018
Release CryptoPolice platform with beta version of multi-level verification algorithm Launch reward system Develop & test WatchDog notification system
RELEASE OF WATCHDOG CRYPTO QUARTER 4 2018
• Release CryptoPolice platform with beta version of WatchDog • Prepare & launch marketing campaign • Develop CryptoPolice ESCROW service • Roll out development of artificial intelligence
RELEASE OF ESCROW & WATCHDOG WEB QUARTERS 1-2 2019
Release CryptoPolice platform with beta version of ESCROW service Launch beta version of WatchDog Web Continue development of artificial intelligence CryptoPolice, Sandbox AI
RELEASE OF BLOODHOUND AI QUARTERS 3-4 2019
• Release CryptoPolice platform with beta version of BLOODHOUND AI artificial intelligence
RELEASE OF STABLE VERSIONS QUARTER 1-2 2020
Release stable version of CryptoPolice platform with all main services
UPDATE AND SUPPORT QUARTER AND BEYOND 2020 AND BEYOND
• Deliver support, updates and improvements to CryptoPolice platform